Thursday, February 23, 2012

Welcome to ADD Megan

Yeah... So... I started writing a thing, and I literally just deleted the whole thing because most of it was just pointless rambling.  I'm given to that... probably more often than not, but for the sake of being able to follow what I'm saying, I'll try to keep it to a minimum. 

Since you all are probably new to the game here, I'll continue with my week of introductions.  Yesterday, obviously, was the intro to my lovely cameras.  Today, you get to meet my cat.  Which... depending on who you are, might not be quite as interesting from the outset.  Or perhaps that's way more interesting than being introduced to several glorified boxes full of film.  With names. 


... Anyway...

 This is Sinatra.  Evidently, I take millions of pictures of him sleeping.  I usually feel kind of guilty because he tries to sleep on my legs, typically choosing to do so when I have to move immediately. 
 He also sleeps in very bizarre positions.  The above photo is captioned "Cat, I'm a kitty cat, and I dance, dance, dance, and I dance, dance, dance." on my Facebook.  Thank you, 10 year old internet memes. 
 His name, as I have mentioned, is Sinatra, which is the name he came with when I adopted him.  He has no idea, and won't answer to it, which is fine, because I typically don't call him Sinatra.  He will occasionally answer to "Kitty", but I have recently (and depressingly) found out that he will readily respond to being called "Booger". 
And I swear to god he is a man trapped in a cat's body.  I took him home for Christmas and he was over the moon to have both me and my mom fawning all over him.  When my boyfriend comes over, kitty will attempt to woo me with feats of strength, performing chin-ups on my windowsill.  This sort of behavior has earned him the nickname Marcello, as in Marcello Mastroianni, and most specifically, his character in Fellini's 8 1/2.  There is a scene in this film involving a harem of every woman his character has ever known, all fawning over him and answering his every beck and call, and I feel this describes kitty's wishes to a T.  

No comments:

Post a Comment