Monday, March 25, 2013

A day of rest

It isn't often that I get a day of rest. 

The truth of the matter is, five years into my Chicago adventure, I'm still just as awful at managing my money and time as I ever was.  I have, at least, gotten better at habitually doing things that pay me, rather than doing things that require a constant flow of spending money. 

But I did indulge today, and headed out into the wild, wide world (ok, my neighborhood) with my cousin.  My cousin who lives barely half a mile from me, whom I haven't seen in about six months.  Because we're both very similar in disposition, and prefer to decompress on our own. 

We went out for coffee and sandwiches, and to wander the shops, and generally just ogle all the things I wish I could thoughtlessly indulge in.  It was a good time. 

Two weeks from now, I will be elbows-deep into what could be my last rodeo as a Stage Manager ever. Depends on how I feel once it's said and done.  It'll be an adventure.  Today, at least, was a day of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment